Thursday, May 22, 2008

Home Staging Tip of the Week



When staging a home I often have to move furniture to create better flow in the room.

Several times, in a carpeted room, I've been left with deep carpet indentations made from heavy furniture legs. I learned about this quick fix from a realtor I work with, and it is a great quick fix.

Place one ice cube in each indentation in the carpet left by the legs of whatever piece of furniture you've moved. Simply leave the ice cubes there, and as they melt and the water is absorbed by the carpet, the indentations vanish. The water evaporates and the carpet looks like it should. Any leftover trouble spots? Use the tines of a fork to gently fluff plush carpet fibers back to their original height

Smart Move Design is a Home Staging and Redesign company located near Syracuse, NY and serves the Central and Northern New York areas.

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

My mom told me about the ice cube trick. It really does work.